Spectrum's Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF) easily and directly scales up for the pilot production of large volume applications.
The hollow fiber geometry of KrosFlo modules allows you to simply factor up the membrane surface area, the circulation rate and the
filtration rate established in process development, by the same factor, while maintaining the operating pressures and the
overall process time. Combined with the disposability of Spectrum's membranes for easy validation,
the NEW KrosFlo Pilot Plus System is ideal for diagnostic and biopharmaceutical pilot production for FDA validated processing.
The NEW KrosFlo Pilot Plus is manufactured under cGMP standards for the tangential flow filtration of validated pilot
production processes. The system is provided with complete GMP documentation and is UL, CE and CSA certified.
The KrosFlo Pilot Plus System consists of a Waukesha rotary lobe pump to circulate process streams through an
adjustable stainless steel flow-path that is adjustable for the incorporation of any length pilot and production
scale Spectrum hollow fiber modules or retrofit. The unique carting design includes 4 locking caster wheels to
provide system mobility while the leveling pads assure system stability during operation. Three system models are
available depending on the required processing capacity.
Four system models for different volume capacities:
KF = KrosFlo,
KF+ = KrosFlo Plus,
KF Max = KrosFlo Max
|Typical Process Volume||Pump Capacity @ 2 Bar||SS Flow-path||Manifolds available||Hollow Fiber Modules|
|10 -150 liters||25 LPM||3/4" Dia.||Single or Double||KF & KF+|
|50-500 liters||75 LPM||1.5" Dia.||Single or Double||KF & KF+|
|250-2000 liters||200 LPM||2" Dia.||Single or up to four modules||KF, KF+ & KF Max|
|1000-5000 liters||350 LPM||2.5" Dia.||Single or up to four modules||KF, KF+ & KF Max|
- Reversible Waukesha rotary lobe pump (400 RPM)
- 316L stainless steel flow-path with <20 RA finish on wetted surfaces
- Manual speed control and emergency shut-off.
- Autoclavable inlet, outlet and permeate pressure gauges
- Inlet pressure alarm with auto system shut-down function
- Retentate and permeate back-pressure diaphragm valves
- Isolation valve for feed stream
- SS spool pieces for system flushing and cleaning
- Two 4 ft. flexible hoses for connecting to processing reservoir (not included)
- GMP documentation package
- Digital pressure indicators
- Retentate and/or permeate magnetic flow meter with local display
- Conical bottom process reservoirs with FDA grade PP tanks (50, 250 & 500 liter)
- Explosion proof system design.
- Non-GMP system design for non-validated processes.